Sunday, May 11, 2014

Kayaking Off Of La Salina, Baja MX

On saturday the 3rd of May I went kayaking with J-P, my son and Steve a friend of ours.  We headed out of La Salina which is about 70 plus kilometers below the border in Baja to go fishing.  Steve was the one who caught all the fish and I'm sure they ended up as fish tacos.  The big adventure of the day was the whale migration as we saw between 25 to 30 whales.  We were fishing/paddling around the kelp beds and here came the whales in small groups of 2 to 3 with lots of calfs.  They were feeding on bait fish which we saw a lot.  They all surfaced close to us and several were very near as we kept any noise down to a very low level.  I was shooting with my Gopro camera which has a very wide angle lens so it is had to get a clear picture of how close they were.  It couldn't have been a better day with all the whales, dolphins and a seal here and there.

No comments:

Post a Comment